VECSI SUMMER PROGRAMMES BIARRITZ
Regular Summer Courses
Suitable for 14-16 years
Enables students to make the transition from junior to senior cycle
The programme comprises host family full board + 20 lessons per week + afternoon activities (e.g. Biarritz by train, visit Charlie Chocolate, Oceanographic museum, surfing museum, beach, excursion to Bayonne, St Jean de Luz or San Sebastian).
VECSI is in regular contact with our French partners and parents, monitoring the programme from Ireland throughout the stay.
VECSI has specially chosen Biarritz, a famous, beautifully-located international surfing and seaside resort as the main venue for its French language courses and activities programme. Biarritz is a vibrant cosmopolitan town, small and compact, with magnificent beaches, numerous sporting facilities and is an international location for surfing. Surfers come from throughout the world to ride the waves in Biarritz!
Summer Programmes features include:
• Choose your own dates (arriving onand departing on Saturdays)
• Live with a French family – immerse yourself in French culture and everyday interaction through French
• Expert Tuition – the best of both worlds – consolidate your knowledge, build your confidence with the aid of our French native teachers who have devised enjoyable courses specifically suited to second-level students
• Enhance your learning skills and improve your grades
• Increase your oral proficiency and listening comprehension
• Perfect your written production
• Upskilling in grammar and vocabulary
• After an intensive morning’s tuition enjoy some fun leisure and sporting activities
• Extra Option: Surfing 4 days per week (contact us for prices and details)
• 24/7 support contact line
Travel arrangements for all participating students are made by parents or legal guardians.
Direct flights Dublin – Bordeaux daily
Direct flights Dublin – Biarritz or Dublin – Biarritz via Stanstead
Transfer option Bordeaux airport – Biarritz by coach or train
Stay with French family, full board, insurance for duration of stay, supervision by local organiser should any problems arise, 24hr emergency line, membership of VECSI. Each VECSI student is met on arrival by our Partners and/or host family and accompanied to airport or point of departure for their return.
PRICES (EXCLUDING TRAVEL)
2 weeks €1,570
3 weeks €1,970
1 week surfing option €120
For longer stays, please contact the office.