VECSI PROGRAMMES – BIARRITZ & BORDEAUX
Transition Year Programmes
Available All Year Round
Transition Year is the ideal opportunity to improve your oral proficiency and build confidence in the French language. Spending a séjour with VECSI in France will equip you with the necessary skills and tools heading into 5th Year. By living as a young european in France, you will simultaneously absorb the culture while learning the language.
Transition Year students booking with VECSI are free to choose the length of their stay between September and June. We can programme a full year stay, full term stay or a 4-12 week stay – minimum stay is 4 weeks.
Important: Please note the dates for school holiday periods in France
Holiday period Biarritz – Zone A
Vacances de printemps 2018 – 8th – 23rd April 2018 (included)
Grandes vacances d’été 2018 – from 8th July 2018 (included)
VECSI is in regular contact with our French partners and parents, monitoring the programme from Ireland throughout the stay.
VECSI has specially chosen Biarritz, a famous, beautifully-located international surfing and seaside resort as the main venue for its French language courses and activities programme. Biarritz is a vibrant cosmopolitan town, small and compact, with magnificent beaches, numerous sporting facilities and is an international location for surfing. Surfers come from throughout the world to ride the waves in Biarritz!
Transition Year features include:
• Choose your own dates (all arrivals are usually on Sundays and departures on Saturdays, unless airline changes or specific student requests)
• Live with a French family
• Study in a French Lycée/Collège
• Enhance your learning skills and improve your grades
• Increase your oral proficiency and listening comprehension
• Perfect your written production
• Upskilling in grammar and vocabulary
• An invaluable preparation for the Leaving Certificate Oral Examination and Listening Comprehension
• New – One-week intensive course in a private school prior to the beginning of Lycée/Collège stay. It does give the student that confidence boost!
• Optional: Avail of one-week intensive prep course before attending college/lycée
• 24/7 support contact line
Biarritz and Bordeaux
Travel arrangements for all participating students are made by parents or legal guardians.
Direct flights Dublin – Bordeaux daily
Direct flights Dublin – Biarritz or Dublin – Biarritz via Stanstead
Transfer option Bordeaux airport – Biarritz by coach or train
Placement in a French second-level school, stay with French family, school meals, insurance for duration of stay, support from local organiser should any problems arises, 24/7 emergency line, membership of VECSI. Each VECSI student is met on arrival by our Partners in France and/or the French host family and accompanied to airport or point of departure for their return.
PRICES (EXCLUDING TRAVEL)
4 weeks €2,170
5 weeks €2,500
6 weeks €2,800
8 weeks €3,240
10 weeks €3,890
12 weeks €4,240
1 extra intensive week €475.00
The cost for the intensive week includes: language tuition, B&B, lunch, and dinner with French host family.
For longer stays, please contact the office.